CHARMS AND DECEPTION


The use of Charms is more prevalent in our present day than ever before. Either knowingly or unknowingly, most people in the world today make use of Charms and Deception. Most definitions of the word 'Charm' as to do with the word 'attraction' or 'magic' or 'power' or something absolutely 'vain' and obviously not accepted by most religions of the world. Something that is exactly against 'morals' and 'disciplined behaviour'.

When used in an English sentence, it could be used like this -

   'He was fascinated by her CHARM'

   'She looks CHARMING'

Its usage has a lot to say. In Africa, the use of charms isn't a new story. Many people get involved in Charms when they want to harm, hurt, overthrow or overpower someone. Even many religious heads make use of Charms to control the minds of people. Women use Charms to control the minds of men and they use it to look overly attractive.

Makeup is the most popular and common Charm used in the world right now. Makeup is now a 'god' many women worship and is a 'charm' used by most women of the world. When you ask the average girl, she would say

   'Makeup just enhances one's beauty. That's all'

What are my thoughts concerning Makeup? I grew up with the notion that wearing of Makeup isn't right. I can remember as a little child, my mom always wore lipstick and had various wigs on and this gave her a certain look. Later, my dad complained and she ceased using lipstick. I told myself

    ' I don't like makeup and I will never use makeup'

But times do change. As I grew older, I never saw the need to wear makeup but I just decided to start using makeup against what I formerly believed. Compromise of the highest order.

So many ladies feel insecure about themselves and their beauty. So many ladies do not believe in their God given beauty. They believe their eyes are too big or their mouth is too small or their ears are like that of a pixel or they are just too dark or their face is too square - shaped and the best they can do is opt for makeup.


I am not here to judge or criticize the use of makeup because I have used makeup for quite a while. However, something occurred to me a while ago and it was actually ignited by something a friend told me. I asked him if there was anything bad in the use of makeup and he told me he was actually particular about the reason behind my use of makeup. That's quite deep.

There have been unending stories about how some men have never seen their wives without makeup. How pathetic! Some people have never even gone out with their normal face. And why is this?

Makeup give one's face a different look from the normal and usual look. I saw a post on instagram where a lady wrote that she doesn't spend so much on makeup kit to look the same way. I don't have a problem with makeup. I instead have a problem with girls using makeup as a form of charm and turning it to their god.

Most celebrities use makeup to charm their audience. People prefer the made-up beyonce to the home-looking beyonce. Her makeup has a way of 'attracting' people to want to look at her and watch her and love her and many guys end up being seduced by her pictures and she becomes a role model to many teen girls. Many girls just wanna be like her all because of her charms - MAKEUP.

We have to be very careful as Christians because we are the 'chosen few' and we must live and lead a different life. God is not happy with what is happening in the world today. God created us in 'HIS OWN IMAGE'! That's very deep. He is too much of a loving God that He create man in his own image. That points to the fact that we look like Him! We must therefore appreciate our God given beauty. We must stop the use of makeup as a charm and deception.

During exams, my class boy said a joke but beyond that joke, I read a deep meaning to it. He said

   'Some girls sef. Even for 7am Exam, they will still use makeup'

And that's so true and that applied to me. I sat one day and thought about my reason for using makeup. Is it to look good or feel good or to attract the opposite sex to me? I got my answer! I always used makeup because I was already too used to it to go out without it. I mostly went to church without it but I went elsewhere with it. Did I feel bad wearing makeup to Church? Maybe I wasn't just too used to wearing it to Church.

When it gets to the level that you cannot go out without makeup, you have made it a god. If you are using makeup so you can attract the opposite sex, you have made it a charm which is equal to the practice of witchcraft. Many celebrities practise witchcraft and unknown to many ladies, they practise witchcraft too. Most ladies live in deception.

The clearest Biblical example of one who used makeup is 'Jezebel'. And no one wants to be called that name but she was one who believed in charms and deception which is equal to witchcraft. You look in the mirror and you look good with your natural beauty and then you use makeup and your face is so different. At that point, its like you are another person.

If you must use makeup, use it in absolute moderation and be clear about your reasons because once your reasons are wrong, it has become a sin. Not using ten lipsticks at a time, fifteen shades of mascara, seven different powder, fake eyelash, fake contact, big earrings, big hair, big and fake everything. You just end up looking Jezebel - like. Immediately you become comfortable in such lifestyle to the extent of seeing it as no one's business, you are automatically in the bondage of such charm.

1 Peter 3 vs 3- 4
    'Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; 4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. '

1 Peter 2 vs 9 - 10
     ' In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with modesty and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 10 But (which becomes women professing godliness) with good works. '

Isaiah 3 vs 16
     'Moreover the LORD said, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet:'

Lets think about this and get our facts and reason very right.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments: