MR AND MRS ANDAR (EPISODE 3)


MR ANDAR

Sheila Andar is one person that knows how to burst your bubbles and cause trouble. I must admit that I am very frustrated right now but what can I do? We just got married and its too early to create a scene - Just too early. I think the best option is to go talk with her. Now I value the essence of Communication in a relationship because we really do not understand ourselves yet.

I got out of the room and found her in the sitting room, lying on the couch. She was sobbing. Oh, boy! How much I hate to see a woman cry. It just pushes something in me. Not to talk of my wife. I sat down beside her and she kept sobbing. This was just too emotional for me already.

   'Come here', I said and drew her to me.

She wrapped her hands round me and I was glad she felt relieved by doing so.

   'Its okay', I said and kissed her forehead.

We sat together silently for a few minuites. They were salient moments. I finally decided to break the silence because silence wasn't the solution to the issue on ground.

    'Calabar is a great place, Sheila but if it wont make you happy, then it doesn't sound so great. I will make a few arrangements tomorrow for money and our tickets. London isn't a bad idea after all'

She sat up immediately . I could see the excitement in her eyes.

    'Thank you, Emeka!', she screamed and hugged me so tight that I thought I had choke. 'I love you so much!'

I swallowed hard and patted her back.

    'I love you too', I managed to say.

MRS ANDAR

This was not what I bargained for. Emeka has just been truncating all the dreams I have built since I was a child. I ran to the couch in the sitting room and laid on it. I couldn't stop crying. Mom told me marriage wasn't a bed of roses but I didn't understand till now. Its indeed not a bed of rose. Starting from the insult I got on my wedding night to the worst announcement ever. I don't even know what to do. Perhaps crying would relieve me.

I heard someone walk up to me. it was surely Emeka. He sat close to me. What did he want again? I wanted to shout at him but he instead calmed me down. God knows this was all I needed right now - ATTENTION. I didn't want any of this to stop so soon. So, I wrapped my hands round him. I was glad he looked sorry for all he had been doing since day one.

I didn't leave his arms. I felt loved for the first time in two days! We were silent for some minutes and I just closed my eyes. I wanted to enjoy the moment. I wanted to fall asleep in his arms but then, he broke the silence.

    'Calabar is a great place, Sheila but if it wont make you happy, then it doesn't sound so great. I will make a few arrangements tomorrow for money and our tickets. London isn't a bad idea after all', he said

I cannot explain exactly how excited I was. Sometimes, crying could be a good thing. I was too excited and grateful. I hugged him so tight and told him how much I loved him. Emeka Andar is the best husband in the Universe!

(...to be continued...)

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments: