MR AND MRS ANDAR (EPISODE 6)


MR ANDAR

I bade Julius goodbye and started the drive down home. As I drove, I pondered on some of the things I and Julius had discussed and I realized I was indeed blessed to be married already. So many of my mates are yet to be married. They are instead hustling to make a living or getting some girls pregnant. You may never value something until you loose it. But there was a problem. Just one problem. I and Sheila aren't on good terms - at least, as at when I left home.

And yes! An Idea popped into my brain. How romantic can I be? Time to play 'boyfriend' to my wife. I stopped at a supermarket and got some very nice flowers. I also stopped at the pizza shop and got a pizza and an ice - cream. I was determined to make Sheila very happy and save our happiness.

For whatever reason, I was nervous when I got home. Sheila was at the dinning table setting some plates. She looked elated when she saw me. There was this look of joy and rest that arrested her face. She frowned for a second and then smiled. I expected her to come hug me or something but all I got was

    'Hi, Emeka. Welcome. Dinner is ready'

I scratched my nose and dropped my gifts on the couch. I didn't bother saying anything.

    'Emeka, its your favourite', she said

I knew she wanted an answer but I didn't just feel like answering. I wanted her to just stop talking so that I could showcase my gifts.

     'Emeka, its akpu and ...'

     'Baby, can we just sit and talk?', I finally said.

She looked dumbfounded.

     'Like everything I have been saying all along was simply rubbish', she said angrily. Typical Sheila!

     'Sweetheart, I just want us to communicate like...'

     'COMMUNICATE!', she exclaimed and clapped her hands. 'Communicate you say, Emeka. Communicate! What has communication got to do with love and affection? What has communication got to do with our love life? What has communication got to do with...and where are you coming from at this dead hour, Emeka? Or maybe I should rephrase the question. Where did you go?'

She planted her hands on her hips in anger and I felt angry now.

     'Emeka, control yourself', I said to myself.

I sighed and gathered the needed strength to reply her.

     'Sheila, I got you flowers', I said and swallowed. 'I got you pizza. You once told me you craved for pizza and I got you ice - cream. I thought we had sit face to face with each other on the floor, eat and discuss and trash out the necessary issues and restore the needed happiness. But I guess I was wrong to make the first move. I'm sorry about that'

With that, I left for my room and I could hear her voice fade as she called my voice. Its too late, Sheila. Just too late.

MRS ANDAR

Emeka hadn't returned and it was 7.30pm already. I was getting crazy already. Where could he have gone? I picked my phone and google searched answers to where a man could be if he left home suddenly. I got series of shocking answers and most people connected to cheating. Could Emeka be cheating on me? He dares not! Like he seriously dares not.

I sighed out of frustration and thought out what to do. Assuredly, fighting with him would never solve the problem. Maybe I should just swallow it up and be cool and nice. And yes! His dinner. I ran to the kitchen and prepared his favourite dish - Akpu and Nsala soup. The aroma was calling indeed. I was still setting the table when he barged into the house. I was disgusted inside but what could I do?

I smiled shabbily. The kind of smile you give to someone that interprets that you are glad to see the person. I was sincerely glad but still, I had series of questions popping up in my head.

       'Hi, Emeka. Welcome. Dinner is ready', I said but our dear Emeka didn't say a word.

        'Emeka, its your favourite', I said again. I was burning with anger in my heart. I tried hard to control myself because if I let out, I will say too many hard stuff.

I was about telling him the dish when he interrupted.

         'Baby, can we just sit and talk?', he said

That just killed me! Sit and talk nitori kini? Maka Gini? This man is stepping on my toes and he has stepped too hard for forbearance.

          'Like everything I have been saying all along was simply rubbish', I said. I just had to let it out.

         'Sweetheart, I just want us to communicate like...'

          'COMMUNICATE! Communicate you say, Emeka. Communicate! What has communication got to do with love and affection? What has communication got to do with our love life? What has communication got to do with...and where are you coming from at this dead hour, Emeka? Or maybe I should rephrase the question. Where did you go?'

I was dropping mad already. Like, out of control. I was loosing my mind. I planted my hands on my hips and waited for him to respond. I was curious to hear whatever he had to say now.

         'Sheila, I got you flowers', I said and swallowed. 'I got you pizza. you once told me you craved for pizza and I got you ice - cream. I thought we had sit face to face with each other on the floor, eat and discuss and trash out the necessary issues and restore the needed happiness. But I guess I was wrong to make the first move. I'm sorry about that'

He walked away after saying that. I felt bad and I had this guilty conscience knock me real hard but all I could say was

      'Emeka...'

(...to be continued...)

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments: