SAFEGUARDS - HOW TO ENJOY THE HOT WEATHER


Please is it only me or is someone feeling the heat that has enveloped everywhere? The weather is seriously hot and I am really worried about it. There has to be something we can do either to restrict it or enjoy it. The people wey go enjoy this weather na people wey get A.C for their house and car. Me wey come dey hostel nko? No A.C, we dey manage the fan wey fit spoil at anytime and there is limited light. I always stay indoors with no clothes on nowadays because God knows I cant help it. Yet, I would still sweat profusely. But I cant allow my EMB readers to suffer under this hot weather that's why I have thought out ways of enjoying this hot weather...*winks*

1. WEAR FREE AND LIGHT CLOTHES

Please, I use God name to beg you. Wear free and light clothes in this weather. Don't kill or suffocate yourself in the name of fashion. In fact, I made this mistake today o. So, am talking from experience. See what I wore today in the picture below. Imagine me! I was seriously sweating ehn!

Try and wear free clothes. Don't wear black clothes. It attracts heat. Wear something light and simple so that air can penetrate into your soul and body.

2. WEAR LIGHT MAKE - UP

Heavy make up for what? Maka Gini? Today was a make - up free day for me and that's how its gonna be till the weather becomes tolerable. But for those who cannot do without makeup, at least, let it be light. Don't makeup like you are getting married or something. In fact, if you know you are going to be getting hitched in this season, let your wedding makeup be as light as possible. It doesn't have to be heavy before it looks professional. Makeup artistes, take note. I have seen so many girls that use 5 different powders before a final one and my eyes starts popping with unanswered questions. It is well o but sister, the lighter, the better.

3. EAT LIGHT

I said this earlier in one of the posts titled FOOD DYNASTY where we learnt to cook Abula. You don't have to over - eat. You don't have to eat heavy food. It would make you sweat too much and its not needed. Please, eat something light and if you are a fan of heavy meals, eat at an average proportion. Don't over eat.

4. ALWAYS STAY IN A VENTILATED AREA

I always make sure the windows of my room are left open o. I cant suffocate myself. Always stay in a ventilated area. Let your body feel warmth and breeze. Always leave your windows open. You could decide to stay in the veranda if the sun isn't scorching so that you can give your body some breathing space from the heat inside.

5. KEEP YOUR SMALL FAN HANDY

Wherever you go, always take a small fan along with you. I misplaced mine some weeks ago and so, I have started using the back of a book o. Yes, call me bush but it gives me air. Whatever you will use as long as it gives you air, always take it along with you because you don't know where you might get and it would come in handy. You cant start fanning yourself with your hand.

6. BUY THINGS IN BULK

The weather is too hot for you to be going out every second to get things you need. Shop once a week and in that shopping, get everything you will need for the week so that you don't have to enter the sun every now and then. Scientists have said that this sun isn't good for our body o. Forget the vitamin D they said it gives. Na lie. This one na killer sun. So, buy things in bulk so that you can avoid the sun.

7. BATH TWICE

You don't need any prophet to tell you do this. You just have to bath twice so you don't smell because you will obviously sweat whether you go out or not except you are in an A.C area. If not, bath twice or more so that you can wash off the sweat and when you wanna sleep, your body will be cool. You could also engage in sweet activities like swimming. You don't need to do hard activities. You could swim and have fun.

8. DRINK COLD WATER

Hot Coffee or hot tea isn't necessary so this time isn't best for their business. My dear, take cold water jare. I know you might be forced to take a very chilled coke or pepsi or Fanta after a stressful day but let me tell you, take cold water instead jare. You could also eat cold salad and you could take cold ice - cream too if you want to. But cold water is life! It just cools your senses and you feel on top of the world.

So fam, that's it. You could also think out other ways but make sure you make the hot weather enjoyable. Don't get frustrated by the heat o. I know that feeling. Just enjoy it while it lasts.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments: