SAY 'NO'!!!


Saying a big fat NO to people has always been a big problem for me. I have always said and I keep saying that I am one person that loves to put others FIRST before myself even when others tend to take me for granted. One of my firends once called this 'friendship disorder'. I think I concur. However, there are so many things when I look back I always wished I said NO to.

One of the reasons why people do not say NO or are scared to say NO is because they always tend to think

     'What would this person say?'

And thats one question that keeps roaming my mind when I converse with people. I am always like

     'Okay. If I decline, what will this person say or think?'

But of recent, I have come to discover that no one cares and this is the number one rule! I still told this same thing to someone today. NOBODY CARES! The highest the person can do is to get vexed and gossip about it to someone else and life goes on. But when you are overly burdened by someone else's thoughts, you directly and indirectly place a load over yourself. Right now, I cannot bend my rules and principles for nobody.

I have learnt to

a. SAY NO TO ANY RELATIONSHIP I DONT WANT

Yes, the pressure would always come and that guy or girl would wanna convince you with the last blood in their body and would almost force you to date them out of pity but my dear, YIMU O. My Nay is Nay. So, bye bye.

b. SAY NO TO ANY ADVICE THAT I DONT WANT

This is so applicable to many of us. Many times, people come around to throw orisirisi advice to us and we almost find it hard to say no to them because the adviser is our 'personal person' or 'bestie'. My dear, say that no and move on.

c. SAY NO TO THE DEVIL

This is the most important part. The devil would always want to feed us with lies. The devil will always want to make us think God is no longer existing. The devil will bring in doubts and we would almost concur but sweetheart, scream that NO at him and he will flee in a million ways.

Even the bible urges us in Titus 2 vs 12(NIV Version)

   'It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,'

So we should always learn to say No to the wrong things and anything we dont want or need in our life. Shove it off and let the counsel of righteousness reign instead.


Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments: