OLD CHRISTIAN SONGS WITH FOREVER FRESH LYRICS

 
While I was growing up, my parents would wake I and my brothers and sister early for our family altar morning devotion. I was always excited about this because I knew my brothers and sister would sleep all through and being the last born, I was the inspector - general of the meeting. I would carry a broom stick and hit any of them I found sleeping. My ambition in life was almost to become a teacher due to my newly found skill (flogging).


My father would lead worship songs, followed by my mother and I would scream on top of my voice as I sang these songs even though I rarely knew the meaning. However, as I grew up, worship changed and so did the songs. In church, we began to worship God just like the black americans do in their churches in movies and I liked it too! They rarely sang yoruba songs like we used to do when I was growing up.

But later, my dad was transferred to a village community to set up a church under RCCG (my dad is a pastor). So, the setting up began and after the Lets - go - a - fishing, we started the evangelism to bring people. The area was filled with too many 'local' people unlike our former and very big lagos church and so, they rarely knew the 'reigning' songs. They only sang old songs but even at that, God still moved in our midst. I found out that many of these old songs I grew up singing which I later discarded but are now being sung by these 'local' people had deeper and forever fresh lyrics. Some of them include -

a) ' I WILL MAGNIFY THE LORD (*2)

     WHO IS WORTH TO BE PRAISED (*2)

      I WILL SING TO HIM A SONG (*2)

      HE IS WORTHY TO BE PRAISED (*2)

     THE LORD REIGNETH

     BLESSED BE THE LORD

     LET THE ROCK OF MY SALVATION BE EXALTED (*2)'

b)  'ABRAHAM BLESSINGS ARE MINE (*2)

       I AM BLESSED IN THE MORNING

       I AM BLESSED IN THE EVENING

       ABRAHAM BLESSINGS ARE MINE'

C)  ' WHO IS GREATER THAN JEHOVAH LORD DIVINE?

         THERE IS NO ONE GREATER THAN JEHOVAH LORD DIVINE! (*2)

         EXCELLENT JEHOVAH

         MARVELLOUS JEHOVAH

         THERE IS NO ONE GREATER THAN JEHOVAH LORD DIVINE!

D)   ' JESUS(*3)

          FATHER (*3)

E)    ' AMAZING GRACE

          HOW SWEET THE SOUND

          THAT SAVED A WRETCH LIKE ME

          I ONCE WAS LOST

          BUT NOW AM FOUND

          WAS BLIND BUT NOW I SEE'

F)   'GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS (*2)

        MORNING BY MORNING

        NEW MERCIES I SEE

         ALL THAT I NEEDED THOU HATH PROVIDED 

         GREAT FAITHFULNESS

         LORD UNTO ME'

The old songs are countless but it is a lie from the pit of hell that God doesnt move when old songs like these are sung. A pastor once told me that and I fail to believe it. Once in a while, they can be chipped in worship and experience the power of old that is manifest in the present!

 

 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

Ikanna Samuel said...

nice one i'm really inlove with your christian life keep it up

Emete Smart said...

Thank God for that! Thank you, Ikanna Samuel.