TRUST GOD FOR WHO YOU WILL MARRY

 
Yesterday was a good day for me but not a very good day for a very close friend of mine. Lately, she has been going through a lot relationship - wise and decided to call it quits with the guy she's been dating for a while. She said the guy was making her do some stuffs that werent pleasing to God and she therefore needs to opt out of the ungodly relationship. In her own words, she said,

     'He is always touching me on sensitive parts of my body and I dont like it. I told him this before we even started the relationship but he wont listen. Anytime I decide to break up, he will beg me and promise never to do so again but immediately we are back, he continues. The last time, we went surfing on the sea and he took that opportunity to touch me on my breast. I really dont like it and I feel I am offending God. I have to call it quits.'


Listening to her story, I agreed with her decision if that was what she wanted and most importantly, if that was what God wanted. Asking her if she prayed about the relationship, she said,

    'To be frank, I prayed about the relationship but I didnt hear God concerning it. I knew it might not be God's will for my life but I decided to give it a shot and now, it almost seems like I am regretting my actions. I have prayed to God again and I definitely know God doesnt concur with this relationship'

Like they say 'a broken courtship is better than a broken marriage'. So, I was happy for her and I am seriously trusting God for His perfect will for her life to arrive soonest. However, she allayed her fears. She said,

     'Ever since I broke up with him for some days now, I have seriously missed him but that isnt the problem. My mates are calling me already that they are getting married. Most of my seconday mates and primary school and even university mates whom we graduated together two years ago are already inviting me for their wedding. My mom is on my neck and she's complaining that her friends are asking when her own daughter would get married. She doesnt even know I have broken up with him sef. She will be hurt. But I have a personal fear for myself'

I was perplexed and seriously wondered what her fear could be. She replied,

       'Everyday, I wake up by 4am to go to work because I work on the Island and live on the mainland in Lagos and I get home around after 10pm and 11pm. How would that kind of schedule connect me to another man? I am seriously wondering where I will find another person because there is no serious person toasting me right now. I have been thinking and I dont want my age to start dawning on me even though am still young. I am scared'

My friend isnt the only one caught in this situation. One of her friends told her not to worry that she can always meet good guys in church.

No matter the situation any christian might be in or might be passing through, you just have to sincerely TRUST God for who you will marry. Marriage is no child's play and people are seriously experiencing severe turbulence in their marriage. The devil is really on the marriage of Christians and the divorce rate is getting high by the day. What could be the problem? Didnt they hear God for whom they were getting married to? The problem could be as follows

  • Impatience - Wanting to get married quickly so that your age doesnt start ticking 'old'
  • Competition - Wanting to keep up with your friends who are already getting married without realizing most of them are entering a lifetime danger
  • Infatuation - Assuming you love someone when you dont. Either because of the person physique or pocket
  • Trusting your own judgement - Refusing to hear Jesus speak concerning your partner. Instead, you trust your own judgement
  •  
The list is endless. What then can be done? The simple solution is to TRUST GOD FOR WHO YOU WILL MARRY. In the last post, we discussed that God knows the very end from the beginning and He has made someone just for you - His perfect will for your life. However, He cannot enforce His choice on us because we have a freewill. Why dont you patiently wait on God? If you are waiting on God and time is no longer on your side, the prayer point can have a partner -

a. LORD, SHOW ME YOUR PERFECT WILL FOR MY LIFE. THE BONE OF MY BONES AND THE FLESH OF MY FLESH

b. LORD, CONNECT ME TO YOUR PERFECT WILL FOR MY LIFE. DO NOT LET IT TARRY FOR TOO LONG LORD.

God's will is not for us to marry wrong or late. God likes early marriage and we can see it in the following verses

Proverbs 5 vs. 18

 Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the WIFE OF THY YOUTH

Malachi 2 vs. 14

 Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the WIFE OF THY YOUTH, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant.

Nevertheless, if you are old enough to marry and it doesnt seem like the right person is near, do not jump into mariage with just anyone because a wrong marriage can lead to the wrong place in eternity because being in a wrong marriage, there is bound to be bitterness, anger, hatred, insult, assault, fights, lies etc and all that do these will not inherit the kingdom. So by entering a wrong marriage, such a person has secured first class ticket that could lead to hell

1 Corinthians 6 vs. 9

 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Galatians 5 vs. 21

Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

So, no matter what the situation may be, TRUST GOD FOR WHO YOU WILL MARRY and start praying about it from NOW. Even if you are in a relationship already, be sure that person is indeed the RIGHT person and for someone like my friend, as long as you have handed the issue of marriage to God, dont let fear envelope you because God can connect you to His perfect will for your life ANYWHERE and ANYTIME. Just be ready and you will be the next to tie the knot and invite others!

LET'S PRAY

Lord Jesus, I trust you alone for whom I will marry. I pray O God that I will never make a mistake in my choice. I will never go against your will and only your perfect will for my life will be made manifest in Jesus name. AMEN! 




Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments: