WHERE IS THE 'GOSPEL' IN TODAY'S GOSPEL MUSIC?



I have so many favorite Gospel Musicians and I love to download their songs. Some years ago, I had a song on my phone, a gospel song to be precise or a so - called gospel song to be specific. After listening to my song, I had to sit to think and wonder where the Gospel Music is heading today. That wasnt enough. The same gospel musician went on to get featured by a secular musician. Thats the trending thing lately. We can see cases of American  International Secular Musician, Kanye west featuring American International Gospel musician, Kirk franklin, Nigerian Secular Rapper, MI featuring Nigerian Gospel Musician, Frank Edwards, Nigerian Gospel Singer, Nikki Laoye featuring Nigerian Secular Singers, Banky W and Seyi Shay in two different songs. They would obviously have their reasons but whatever that might be, how does that correlate with the Bible verse that says,

2Corinthians 6 vs. 14

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
My dear friends, we are the Lights of the world. We are the Salt of the world. We are ambassadors of Christ. The people of the world are in a deep mess and they are in darkness. They are constantly reading our lives like a Bible. We should be the ones to show the way. By featuring these people, you are indirectly or directly saying that secular music is good and Christians are free to listen to it. Thats so heretical! 

So someone battling with trying to stop listening to secular music even gets into deeper mess when the person tunes in a gospel song where a secular musician is featured. I feel personally that there is no longer any gospel in many of the major gospel songs we have in the world today. They are devoid of good and godly contents. Lest I forget, the content of the song I was listening to many years ago that made me think included stuffs like

     'Oya, spray me the money! Oluwa don bless me! Spray me the money!'

This is the reigning content of many gospel songs today. They are unknown to many of them promoting mammon worship. The love of money. God said that He seeks True worshipers who will worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.

JOHN 4 VS. 24

    'God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth'

I don't know where God said they should add spray me the money. What most Gospel Musicians are singing about today is only about money and blessing. FINE. Its good to thank God for His blessings and Prosperity but hey, don't make that major content like 'spray me the money thingy'


I am seriously checking the kinda gospel songs I listen to because I don't want to get polluted. It seems many of them have backslidded or something...only God knows. I cannot judge but many of them have lost it. May God help them and restore them if they have lost it indeed. However please and please, check the kind of gospel songs you listen to so you don't get the more corrupted by the ongoing worldly content. May God help us all.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments: