HAVE YOU TRULY BEEN REGENERATED?



I was with one of my 'momcy' in my hostel. Actually, she came to pay me a visit. These days, I've been feeling too lazy to visit anyone in their room. I just so much value my alone time right now. So she came to talk to me and encourage me. We were talking and all and she mentioned something about regeneration that really got me and made me decide to share with you all.
REGENERATION is a very important part of a Christian's life. Regeneration involves your state of being a new creation indeed, your state of truly saying old things are passed away and your state of wholesome dedication to God Almighty. There are so many things a lot of christians do and they just hide it under the umbrella of christianity.

My last post talked about being careful of the kind of relationship you commit to because many people who call themselves christians might just be wolves in sheep's clothing. As a christian, if you are still doing things of the world, you have obviously not been regenerated yet. And if you havent been regenerated, there is little difference between you and that unsaved person walking on the streets.

In many churches today, there are so many unregenerated or non - regenerated people sitted amongst the congregation and even on the altar. When I was in my 100level, I went to play with some girls in their room and then we diggresed into dressing. I told them of how I went for a particular fresher's welcome in one of the most popular church in Nigeria and the person who led us in Praise and Worship wore a mini skirt.

In that mini skirt, she sang beautifully and one would assume that she was filled with the Holy Ghost. But was she really regenerated? Anyone can form being filled with the Holy Ghost. Why? Because people are moved by sight and what they ear. They are obviosly limited but only God searches the deepest intent of our heart.

So this my supposed friend replied,

    'Ehen, whats now wrong with her dressing? The fact that I also wear mini skirts doesnt make me less a christian. Infact, when I get to Heaven, I wil wear a mini skirt to open the gate of Heaven for you!'

I usually say it - I am someone who fell in love with wearing short things - short skirts, short gowns etc. But looking at where I am today, preaching the gospel and all, who would truly want to believe when they see me wearing short things? So I made up my mind to change my wardrobe. Its not been easy but I am gradually saying bye bye to those short things. I am picking very modest and decent wears when I go shopping and I am throwing away the shorter ones. I know people notice by the kind of compliment I get in school. I really never knew that people noticed my dressing!

If I am preaching the gospel and my physical appearance doesnt denote Christ, well, I haven't truly been regenerated. It is self - deceit.

If you are preaching the gospel and your attitude doesnt denote Christ, you havent been regenerated. It is self - deceit.

You cannot claim to be a christian and still be proud, angry, insultive, a keeper of malice, dirty in your words, disrespectful, a liar etc.

When Christ comes into your life truly, a regeneration takes place. He cleanses you of every filthy property of the devil. When the Holy Spirit dwells in your life, that is another level.

If you are a Christian and you see nothing wrong with your lousy lifestyle, your bad dressing, your unholy friendship, your dirty talks (using the 'f' word), then there is something really wrong.

Firstly, you have not been regenerated.

So, judge by yourself where your life course is pointing to.

2Corinthians 5 vs. 17

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

John 3 vs. 3

 Jesus replied, "Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."

Romans 6 vs. 4


We therefore were buried with Him through baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may walk in newness of life.


Psalm 51 vs. 10

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Romans 8 vs. 10

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin;

Today, lets look at our lives. If you see that indeed there is something lacking, seek a new rebirth, seek a new regeneration. Let our lives and lights shine forth to the world and let people be blessed by us. Not in gossip or hatred or malice or lying or indecency or unwholesomeness or uncleaniness but true newness.

And for those looking for an excuse to justify their immoral outlook by saying that the ones that dress decently are even worse, you definitely need Jesus.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice!