MAKING A DECISION TO NOT KISS UNTIL MARRIAGE



All I can say is 'WOW! and WOW!'. I stumbled on this blog today - IMPERFECTLY PERFECT LIVES and I must say, this post pin particular mesmerized my heart. This is a must read for every single lady and man out there. It is post written by Frances Okoro who authors the Imperfectly Perfect Lives blog. Have a nice read!


My dear ladies and gentlemen,

I’m sorry that I couldn’t get last week’s love letter across to you. It’s totally out of character for me to be so lax with my correspondence with you and I’m working on it not happening again.

I hope you are all good though?

You guys are always in my heart.

We are a family remember? Tis why I can share something so personal with you today in hopes that I can use this to hold myself accountable too and possibly have someone who gets where I am coming from.

I remember the first time I mentioned to my bestie that I’d love to not to kiss anyone till I get married.

We had just concluded thirsty conference at church and I was on a spiritual high.

I just thought about it and felt like I would definitely love to just give all of me and my body to God in totality.

I felt like just pouring out totally without reservation.

Little did I know that God would indeed hold me to words I just voiced out loud in passing but made no decision on.


This past week has seen God dealing with me on giving myself totally to Him.

You see, a lot of things are happening in my life revolving around God teaching me on chastity, purity and using my body to glorify Him even in a relationship.

I didn’t make a decision to not kiss whoever God chose for me before marriage because I didn’t think that I could do it but God wanted me to make a decision.

You will only understand what I’m saying if you have a personal relationship with God which I would be glad to hear that you do.

You know when God is just tugging at your heart about something?

It was crazy but I felt like God is just crazy about me.

Like crazy jealous about me.

And right down to even something as small as a kiss on my hand, I didn’t think that God would love it and Romans 12:1 kept ringing in my head.

I knew that God wanted me to make a decision to give all of me to Him, including my lips.
I didn’t get it totally till I started praying and the word “consecration” just fell out of my mouth.
And Romans 12:1 had been ringing in my head but the Amplified version just spelt out what exactly God wanted me to do.

” I APPEAL to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship.”

We have to note the words:

Decisive dedication”
“Presenting all your members and faculties”
“Holy, devoted, consecrated”
“Reasonable service and spiritual worship”

Now, I was missing out on the decisive dedication bit – I only thought that I’d love to not even kiss before my wedding, I didn’t make a decision not to.

I was also missing out on what “my body” includes. I know that pre-marital sex is out of the question but the Amplified version actually says “presenting all your members and faculties”, my lips is part of the member of my body.

And then I was missing out on consecrating my body wholly to God.

I wanted to consecrate the part about sex but not the part about lips.

So it’s been an uphill struggle to come down to what God wants me to do.

I have done it in my prayer time, given the whole of my body to Him, including making a decisive decision not to kiss until marriage but then I know that it would be really hard, especially if I am in a relationship with someone who’s love language is physical touch but I believe God wants me to make the decision and then He will give me grace, surely.

And that’s what I want this letter to achieve for me too.

An accountability check.

A “write down the vision” kinda thing.

A “refer back to letter when the temptation is overwhelming”.

Now dears, you may not get what I’m saying especially if kissing is normal to you – like a normal love language, which it is(I’m not saying that it’s a sin) but we are all convicted in different ways and things.

If you have been having a pull from God towards this direction though, I would love you to make this decision with me.

To have a body that glorifies God and also to have a relationship that glorifies chastity and purity no matter what.

It won’t be easy dears, I can already imagine loving someone and not being able to kiss them(sigh) but can we make this decision first?

That all of us – all the members of our body we give it all to God?

I had this strong tug in my heart that God didn’t just want me to give Him the no pre-marital sex bit, He wants me to use all my members to please Him.

It’s a tall order but I know that He wants me to pour out, pour it all out as a sacrifice to Him.

Why?

I’m not certain, but I just know that He is jealous for and of me.

He is my first husband remember?

Isaiah 54:5-For your Maker is your husband– the LORD Almighty is his name– the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth”
 
And I’m His wife.

He doesn’t want me giving off any part of me to someone He hasn’t joined me together with in marriage.

And I’m not doing this because I am scared of Him, I just love Him and want to please Him.

I want Him to be able to look at me and smile, pleased with the way I am glorifying Him with my body.

That’s my desire.

So again, this isn’t saying that kissing before marriage is bad(please, get this right) but this is also a call to others who have been thinking about making this decision.

Romans 12:1 says that we should make a decisive dedication of our bodies to God – all our members, I chose to not just include the deal about sex to that but my lips also.

If God has been pulling on your heart in this area, please just simply make a consecration prayer of your body to Him wherever you are.

Oh it will be hard, but God has assured me that that’s why we have the Holy Spirit in us to help us in our journey.

I don’t know what this decision will bring but I know that I can’t rest easy without making it.
And I have made it.

You don’t have to comment below, but if you feel led to, you can make the decision too.

I look forward to testifying as to how God will help me(and you) in keeping to this decision when the time comes.

God bless and help us all as we put Him first in our relationships.

As we use our bodies to honor God, I and certain that He will honor us as well too.

Till my next love letter,

Much Love,

Frances.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

deep! worth reading!