STAYING UNDER THE COVER

Image result for staying under the cover of God

One of the easiest way to walk into sin is by always being around people who indulge in sin. Now, this doesnt mean you cannot approach a sinner for the right reason such as to win his/her soul to Christ but by always being around people who care less about God or life, you will soon grow to be like one of them.

I once had a friend who was not just a church goer but also a worker in Church. However, she never really believed in God. I would go to her room and we will argue and argue about God, the church, life and so many things. Her conclusion was that she was only serving God so that in case there is really heaven, she would go there and if there isn't any heaven afterall, she would turn to sand or whatever is after life.

Yes, she goes to chruch but I tell you, she was such a negative influenece to my spiritual growth because at some point, I almost began to reason with her and like her. At some point, the spirit of fear crept into me and I would have a great time resisting such negative spirit. No matter how strong you are spiritually, you can be brought down within the twinkle of an eye. All the praying and fasting and waiting on God and reading of the Bible and attending all Church meetings, sisters and brothers meeting etc that got you to this your level of spirituality and you are still believeing God for more growth, all of these can be brought down within a twinkle of an eye.

It is pertinent for us to stay under the cover of God. We can stay under the cover in so many ways but one way I will be pointing out today is by staying under the cover of God by being around genuine Christian friends and people.

Proverbs 13 vs. 20

He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.


 Being on the narrow path to Heaven is not an easy thing but God keeps strengthening us daily. We can also zap out strength by being around those who will genuinely encourage us to do the right things. People who will chastise us out of love so that we can move to the next level spiritually. Before, I used to think that our Christian mentors and friends should only tell us the truth with love out of smiles and laughter. Hmmm, little did I know. Sometimes, all those smiles and laughters may be of no good. Sometimes, we need the rod not just the staff. When I started seeing the other side of my Christian 'momcies', I realized that everything they did and are doing is just for my own good and still out of love. They could decide to leave me to walk the path of danger but No, they won't because when Jesus had 99 secured sheeps, He still didn't ignore the lost sheep. He went in search of it. Pure Love!

Psalm 23 vs. 4

 Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

So when those Christian brothers and Sisters or your Pastor comes to chastise you or rebukes you when you are going astray, see it as they loving you and not wanting you to perish. When they keep giving you responsibilities and duties and calling you and visiting and urging you to pray more and love God more, it is seriously for your own good. Don't ever see it as disturbance. Be totally happy! Someone deeply loves you indeed!

Let's learn to choose our friends wisely and stay under the cover of God by being around godly people. At the same times, let's keep on sharing the gospel with friends. May the Lord strangthen us in Jesus Name. AMEN!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

Olaa Bobade said...

Wow, this post is so apt. I totally agree with you
A Moment of Excited Curiosity

Emete Smart said...

Glory to God!