CONTENDING FOR THE FAITH




Image result for Contending for the faith
(Image source - calvarybaptistdfw.org)

Today, while I was in my hostel's chapel during the sister's meeting, I saw another sister who happens to be my very good friend. She also came to pray. She faced the other side away from us and was praying. Now, I commend her for praying but my problem is the new church she is attending. For some reasons, I won't be divulging the name of the church. However, she used to attend a reknown church where I believe preach sound doctrine according to the word of God. But recently or not too recently, some people came to preach to her and she started by attending their weekly service and now, she is a full fleshed committed member of that church.

It was very easy for her to be pulled out of the true faith to the the new faith that is not of God because she was never well established in the true faith in the first place. Apostle Paul said something very important in Ephesians 4 vs. 14

That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

But before verse 14, he said something in verse 13 of the same verse

until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God, as we mature to the full measure of the stature of Christ. 

 I alighted the word MATURE because it is very important that we constantly grow in Christ in order to get into the point of maturity so that we aren't swayed by false doctrines. This sister has obviously swayed and she came to pray in chapel but she isn't following the word of God. This made me cry unto the Lord in chapel this evening concerning my own faith. I bless God that the theme of this year's tenure in my hostel is Contending for the faith. It is such a powerful vision and theme with the hope of building men in Christ.

My dear readers, if we do not learn to pray more, to read our Bibles more, to practically live for God more, to do away with all things that do not please God, never to compromise, we could be swayed. That's how a brother approached me in chapel last sunday and started telling me about once saved, forever saved. He quoted Bible verses more than me. He was far more worded. I was almost helpless but I thank God for God. I still couldn't be swayed.

Brethren, Jude 1 vs. 3 says

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

We can loose it if we don't fight for it. The day we would be rest assured is when we finally get to Heaven. Before then, let's keep fighting and contending in prayers. Keep praying for all those that have swayed. God bless you!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

Tamunofiri Alfred-Orupabo said...

This is quite practical in our world today. We as Christians need to grow to the point where we're not carried away by miracles, signs and wonders. And for those who believe in once saved, forever saved and claim grace, shebi Brother Paul asked in Romans- shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid o. We really need to take heed!

Emete Smart said...

@Tamunofiri, you simply just hit the nail on the head. God bless you. Do chect back.